Hello from Illinois

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a Musician from Illinois. I play bass, guitar, keys, trumpet and I also sing. For many years I created recordings using VST's and other types of software Magic. It was easy. You just put it on the track and tweak it. I used a Shure condenser mic for vocals and thought it sounded fine. Now it seems I am moving toward Vintage equipment and all analogue hardware. It sounds better to me and I enjoy building it.

I have many years in PCB layout and hardware designed but never applied it to my love for Music.

I seem to be addicted to building Mics at the moment. I started with a Dachman u87 kit. It was a huge improvement over the Shure. I have built many with the OPA Alice pcb's. I have also built two u87's from Mellow Audio Engineering and I absolutely love them. I recently built the u47 fet from Vintage mic pcb and it adds a whole different type of mojo to my tracks!

I am looking forward to learning from this group. I have been reading this forum for a couple years now and just recently decided to join.

Is it ok to post links to Audio samples here? I love to build stuff and try it out!

Tronfxdx

Back