Hello from Monterey Bay, CA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keepitworking

Hi Everyone,

I joined today to provide some info on a KX88 thread I came across the other day whilst troubleshooting my own. The Yamaha KX88 was one of the first weighted MIDI controllers and is still relevant today. Keeping older gear alive is a challenge but so needed in this (or at least mine in the USA) throwaway culture. For a while I was even collecting some classic old home organs with the hopes of opening a museum somewhere like maybe in the desert. My wife was not happy about the idea however! I recycled my share of classic keyboards over the years only to regret the act later. Pooling our shared resources and knowledge has never been more important.

I live in California near Santa Cruz and for many years worked for E-MU Systems which built some early analog synths and sample based gear. Although I ended that gig more on the sound design side. I did work in production and service as a tech. On the service side, I was involved in a few excursions across the US and even Europe, visiting high end studios and repairing a fairly unpredictable line of products. Many of my ex-employees and friends went on to work at Universal Audio which is also in the area. I turned my attention to visual arts and became a fine art photographer although i still love tinkering in my own studio and keeping the old gear alive.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back