Hello there

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincapstan

Dear DIY'ers,
I joined you so i could further extend my research and abilities within electronics in relation to audio.
More specifically i am interested in mostly working on vintage analog audio devices for studio use such as EQ's, Compressors, Preamaps and Reel to reel tape machines, also probably some instruments such as synths, drum machines and maybe sometimes amps too.
I am located in Berlin Germany and i started out with electronics somewhere around June or July last year.
I hope i will be able to gather more valuable information here, as i already have + make new friends within the community.

Best regards to all

I Would like to add and say that i am a fast learner and quite passionate, i have just finished recapping and re-hauling my Revox a77 machine and i am about to change it from a 4track machine to a 2track machine, calibrate it, and make a couple of variable speed remote control for both of my a77's.
Apart from that i have already troubleshooted quite some issues in friends gear and in some costumers gear, also worked on a couple of dynamic microphones such as the Sehnheiser MD441 and AKG D20.
I have modded and circuit bent some gear as-well and currently working as an electronics tech for a Boutique HIFI company and also as the main house technician in a Night club.
I still Got so much to learn and to consult, i've got a couple of OG's helping around here and there, but the stuff i want to work with is mostly Vintage German Broadcasting equipment, or matter effect, any vintage broadcasting gear.
I am also Producer and a Musician playing various instruments and Recording and Mixing and an avid record collector :D
Thats it for now about myself.
Regards

Back