Hello To All

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slime_Lord

I’ve been a member on this site for a little bit now but just realized I never introduced myself.

Hello, I’m Alex and live in Chicago. I got into DIY roughly 2 years ago after getting ripped off on Reverb. A seller I had bought from offered to fix/mod a Gates Solidstatesman I picked up off eBay and 2 years later I’m still not sure where it is. The pandemic hit shortly after and I spent the majority of my free time teaching myself how to solder, building eurorack/MOTM modules, and trying my damndest to not electrocute myself.

I’m still learning but have built, modded, and repaired quite a bit of gear. Despite being a hardcore lurker on this site, I’m super thankful for the posts that have been made and the information that’s been shared. some of the things I’ve built i wouldn’t have been able to finish without reading through some of the threads that are up, so thank you all for the information.

Aside from the DIY side of things, I make music under various names/project with friends, master for a few labels, DJ and collect gear for the aforementioned things.

that’s about it, thank you again for the vast knowledge shared here!

Back