Hello!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E7b9b13

Hello, I‘m Milan from Germany and I‘ve been lurking around here for quite some time and now finally decided to introduce myself. I got into audio electronics because I‘m a passionate guitarist, which also explains why the field I understand best is tube stuff, but now I want to get into transistor technology, cause unlike when it comes to guitar gear, it’s quite an important part of pro audio.

I don’t have all that much experience yet, as I started teaching myself this stuff only about two years ago, and studio equipment a little more than a year ago when our band decided to record our first album, and I figured that the only way to afford this is to built the hardware myself (we wanted to use hardware, because apart from the sound, it’s much more intuitive for recording-and-mixing-noobs than plugins and we just hate mixing with plugins(yes we tried it)), since I already knew a little bit about audio electronics.

I built some things from kits (a MS76 and a GSSL, and two EQ573s from Soundskulptor) and a LA2A from scratch.

I also repaired a tube tape echo which I am doing a more in-depth restoration on now, and did a (reversible) mod to an old tube amp for it to be switchable between a 1987 and 2204 circuit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back