HELP finding a switching solution please

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonolink

Hi guys,

I bought a couple of boards that playback some prerecorded audio. Basically it has 8 pins that when grounded will trigger an mp3.
This is the board I got:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/3305...jNDff0FbTC2Ap__bylfE3AbAKSqPqOOBoCae4QAvD_BwE

My question is: is there a way to use a momentary footswitch to trigger sequentially each pin? The idea is to use it in a guitar pedal that would allow the player to trigger prerecorded sounds through his amp. Since 8 separate footswitches make quite a big pedal I was wondering if a switch single switch could be used to trigger the pins in sequence?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and suggestions :)
Cheers
Sono

CD4017 decade counter -a footswitch can clock the outputs one at a time through (up to) ten options. You can buy LED chaser PCBs that could probably be hacked fairly easily to do what you need. Instead of driving LEDs you would drive transistors, which would pull down the inputs of your mp3 device.

Last edited:
CD4017 decade counter -a footswitch can clock the outputs one at a time through (up to) ten options. You can buy LED chaser PCBs that could probably be hacked fairly easily to do what you need. Instead of driving LEDs you would drive transistors, which would pull down the inputs of your mp3 device.

Thanks a lot for the idea Merlin!! :)

Back