Help identifying this connector (similar to cinch jones or beau, but wider spacing)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertloud

Hi friends! I'm curious if anyone here happens to know the name of this connector. It's on the back of some RCA modules I recently acquired. I also have a BA-12A that also has 10 pins, but those are the beau or cinch jones type. On these the "blades" have a larger spacing, and the split down the middle leads me to believe the mating side is perpendicular, like an ELCO/EDAC type connector.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 6.04.41 PM.png

RCA rack.jpeg
RCA rack Front.jpeg
I've scoured the internet as best I can, but haven't come up with anything useful. The modules are a part of RCA's lower end "Rainbow Line" which included these preamps, a power supply, a line/summing amp, and some simple EQ modules. They use the MI-12399 9pin (octal type) input transformers (unfortunately not included in my purchase, but come up often enough. I'll also try throwing some other options onto a 9 pin plug just to have fun experimenting).

Worst case scenario - I can solder directly to these, but I thought it'd be cool to make the output transformer boxes I'm working on mate with a connector to keep things modular :)

Latest posts

Back