Help! Protools samplerate problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried AudioSuite plug-ins to "correct" them, but once you start stacking up a few tracks the artifacts can begin to poke through. 

MikoKensington said:
I tried AudioSuite plug-ins to "correct" them, but once you start stacking up a few tracks the artifacts can begin to poke through. 
I assume it's because you process them real-time and CPU load gets erratic. Can you first process the files off-line?
That usually works for me using Samplitude).

AudioSuite is not real time, it's off-line.  Hence, Real Time Audio Suite (RTAS) being the real time version of Audio Suite.

But it doesn't really matter, as this was years ago.  I've learned to watch my clock settings like a Hawk, as result.

Nothing like a bad clock setting or Round Robin allocation to ruin your day.

MikoKensington said:
But it doesn't really matter, as this was years ago.  I've learned to watch my clock settings like a Hawk, as result.
This might no longer be a problem. SRC algorithms have improved a lot in recent years.

abbey road d enfer said:
Very strange...
Do you mean, you stack tracks and artefacts become more apparent than with unprocessed files?

Not exactly.  Think of it like this.  In the case of time compression artifacts with a VO, you can pretty well mask it with a music track.  In the case of a mix where every track sounds like ass, you can't hide ass behind more ass.  Know what I'm sayin'? 

OK, I see.
I've been thinking, some pitch algos play dirty tricks with timing, i.e. they change the position of the recursive loops so they coincide with the length of a note, which gives a smoother result on vocals, some other position them at each transient, which seems to give better results on percussive instruments. In the end, one may experience significant drift in timing between the two methods, which may also explain the lesser result.

Latest posts

Back