Help removing Tuchel pins from female connector (V72)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I'm trying to rewire this broken 12-pin female Tuchel connector on a Telefunken V72. I need to remove the pins to rewire the connector. Spent quite some time searching for the solution on GroupDIY and general electronics pages with no luck.

Anybody know how I can get these pins out? Or do I need a special tool? I would try some female spade connectors directly on the male connector but don't like that idea with 220V being handled. Thanks in advance!

tempImagedpj6Ku.jpg

tempImageeGKaC5.jpg

Last edited:
No! You don`t need to remove the pins! Why would you do that? Just cut and rub off the plastic/rubber tubes covering the pins and solder the wires off!

No! You don`t need to remove the pins! Why would you do that? Just cut and rub off the plastic/rubber tubes covering the pins and solder the wires off!
I agree....,clear off the rubber/whatever to reveal the contacts.

That said....I have seen Tuchels that used crimp-on contacts that were "stabbed" into the plastic shell after crimping the wire onto the contact pin. But those were relatively recent. MCI used the "crimp and stab" 30 pin Tuchels on various desks and multitracks.

Similar to the two variations of Elco/EDAC connectors.

Bri

Hello wholefoods,

is that grey Amphenol plug the original one? I have only ever seen the Tuchel ones made of black bakelite with their two halves being held together by two rivetts.

I don´t know the Amphenol ones, but the old Tuchel had a patented fail save system for making perfect contact by using two concentric rings, that applied great pressure on the male contact, wich is why they even made it their company signet. You can see it between digits 3 and 4.

I´m living in Germany, but if you would rather like to restore your V72 using an original NOS connector, I could send you one.

Greetings from Bremen,
Wulf

Attachments

• IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    626.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm not sure if its original or not - but you are correct, it is Amphenol.

I wimped out on using the pin extractor and ordered a solder Tuchel. Thanks all for the help.

Back