• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Here goes - feeding frenzy! (maybe) Mastering/studio equipment. Studio info/customer list

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyB

I/( and we-the family of) - have to finally part with equipment from my late, great colleague Paul O'Brien of POB audio mastering.
His passing after a long illness happened well before the pandemic. His family couldn't bear to dismantle the studio for a long time and then the pandemic hit. I borrowed some of the equipment with a view to learning mastering but alas, my cloth ears have never been up to the task.
I have compiled a list of the main bulk of the units. Please contact my email directly with any questions regarding the units.
The units are in safe storage. I intend to access these and test the units over the next couple of weeks and photograph them.
I'm offering these up to our close colleagues and associates firstly and then open to offers from the GroupDIY members. After a short period, the general market will be approached (ebay, reverb, dealers, etc)

I will research the resale value of the units as a guide to the selling prices; please note; only sensible offers will be considered and replied to!

I have photos on archive disks which I am searching, I'll post pictures as soon as I find them. I will also have backups of the pob audio website to prove it's not a scam post.

The following link is from discogs stating clients that POB has mastered for.

https://www.discogs.com/label/297583-Pobaudio-Mastering?page=1

I have built GroupDIY projects for POB to get him started in mastering including units from Colin at audiomaintenance of Manchester, UK. Hopefully Colin will verify this, if asked.

Here is the main bulk of the equipment, a few other things will be offered.

Pob Gear list 2024

Equipment Sale

Sensible offers please!

Synths/drum machines: Pics to follow

Dave Smith Tempest £TBC/Offers

Moog Slim Phatty £TBC/Offers

Elektron Octatrack £TBC/Offers

Studio Equipment:

Sensible offers please!

Prism Sound Orpheus firewire interface £TBC/Offers

Avantone Mix Cubes Active Pair Black £TBC/Offers

Safe Sound Audio Dynamics Toolbox Cinemag £TBC/Offers

Rupert Neve Design MBP2 £TBC/Offers

Maselec MLA-4 Multiband Comp/Exp £TBC/Offers

Anamod ATS-1 Tape Simulator £TBC/Offers SOLD

Knif Soma Tube EQ £TBC/Offers SOLD

Buzz Req EQ 2.2 with Lo Freq update £TBC/Offers

API 5500 EQ £TBC/Offers

SSL X-rack Stereo Bus Compressor/Stereo EQ/ Summing Bus + Looms £TBC/Offers

Contact Mike at [email protected]

Watch this space for thread updates.

Attachments

• Pobaudio Customers.pdf
    95.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Pobaudio Equipment.pdf
    621.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Pobaudio Mastering Manchester.pdf
    136.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I/( and we-the family of) - have to finally part with equipment from my late, great colleague Paul O'Brien of POB audio mastering.
His passing after a long illness happened well before the pandemic. His family couldn't bear to dismantle the studio for a long time and then the pandemic hit. I borrowed some of the equipment with a view to learning mastering but alas, my cloth ears have never been up to the task.
I have compiled a list of the main bulk of the units. Please contact my email directly with any questions regarding the units.
The units are in safe storage. I intend to access these and test the units over the next couple of weeks and photograph them.
I'm offering these up to our close colleagues and associates firstly and then open to offers from the GroupDIY members. After a short period, the general market will be approached (ebay, reverb, dealers, etc)

I will research the resale value of the units as a guide to the selling prices; please note; only sensible offers will be considered and replied to!

I have photos on archive disks which I am searching, I'll post pictures as soon as I find them. I will also have backups of the pob audio website to prove it's not a scam post.

The following link is from discogs stating clients that POB has mastered for.

https://www.discogs.com/label/297583-Pobaudio-Mastering?page=1

I have built GroupDIY projects for POB to get him started in mastering including units from Colin at audiomaintenance of Manchester, UK. Hopefully Colin will verify this, if asked.

Here is the main bulk of the equipment, a few other things will be offered.

Pob Gear list 2024

Equipment Sale

Sensible offers please!

Synths/drum machines: Pics to follow

Dave Smith Tempest £TBC/Offers

Moog Slim Phatty £TBC/Offers

Elektron Octatrack £TBC/Offers

Studio Equipment:

Sensible offers please!

Prism Sound Orpheus firewire interface £TBC/Offers

Avantone Mix Cubes Active Pair Black £TBC/Offers

Safe Sound Audio Dynamics Toolbox Cinemag £TBC/Offers

Rupert Neve Design MBP2 £TBC/Offers

Maselec MLA-4 Multiband Comp/Exp £TBC/Offers

Anamod ATS-1 Tape Simulator £TBC/Offers SOLD

Knif Soma Tube EQ £TBC/Offers SOLD

Buzz Req EQ 2.2 with Lo Freq update £TBC/Offers

API 5500 EQ £TBC/Offers

SSL X-rack Stereo Bus Compressor/Stereo EQ/ Summing Bus + Looms £TBC/Offers

Contact Mike at [email protected]

Watch this space for thread updates.
pdfs added of studio/customers

Travelling Band! Inspirals! I've been out of the Manchester music scene for quite a while so never knew Paul, but his discography speaks for itself. I'm sorry to read of his passing, hope the sale goes well.

Thanks for that.
We were best mates for over 25 years. Worked with him running The cutting rooms commercial studio back in the 90s. He then became a lecturer and also the mastering business. I worked out that he taught about 6000 students over the years, in virtually all subjects studio related!! We made some great tunes as well. Sadly missed by many.

Latest posts

Back