Hi All, semi newbie first post DI question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Goodman

First let me say that I love this forum. I have now become completely strung out and need to check in here 3-4 times a day.

So, I am not a complete newbie, I have racked up a bunch of modules over the last few years, and have always recapped all my own gear and done some minor service along the way.

So my question: I am building a few DI boxes, using the schemo on the Jensen Transformers website for the full featured DI box. I have 2 UTC O-8 'ouncer' transformers, 15K ohms primary, tappable 500, 200, 50 ohms secondary. Cound I use these instead of the Jensen?

Thanks,

Jeff

Why don´t you try an active circuit, like Bo Hansen workhorse DI? You can find info here on the forum, just give a search.

I think the O8´s would be a nice transformer for this circuit. Oh and they make nice mic input transformers to, if used in reverse... Used by ADM on their best discreet mixers this way.

Thanks Rafafredd.

I am going to make some of Bo's active DI's as well. I had these trafo's hanging around and had been thinking about making these passive DI's for some time. I have access to more of the O-8s so maybe I'll use them for some mic pres as well.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back