Hi from Ojai, CA.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineerkyle

Hello folks. I’ve been happily lurking and learning off this site for a while and decided to join. First, thanks for all the info I’ve gleaned so far.

About me:

recording engineer by trade

No electronics training, aside from lots and lots of soldering of patchbays, mic cables, inline pads, and the occasional loose jack on guitar/pro audio stuff.

Eager to learn about electronics for the purposes of repair (have several nice mics with noise floor issues…) and design of simple circuits.

Thanks all,
Kyle

Hello folks. I’ve been happily lurking and learning off this site for a while and decided to join. First, thanks for all the info I’ve gleaned so far.

About me:

recording engineer by trade

No electronics training, aside from lots and lots of soldering of patchbays, mic cables, inline pads, and the occasional loose jack on guitar/pro audio stuff.

Eager to learn about electronics for the purposes of repair (have several nice mics with noise floor issues…) and design of simple circuits.

Thanks all,
Kyle
Kyle Mullarky?

Doug was the best. I got to spend time with him before ojai when he was in Hollywood. It was a learning experience to say the least. Plus Doug in a nice guy too.
I never met Doug but I was a long time fan of his work. Doug had cut lacquers for Chad Kassem's projects here in Salina. It was kinda odd wandering around his studio in Ojai...but inspiring. Had a nice long dinner with multiple folks including Bill Schnee...another guy I really respect. Bill had many fun recollections from their years of working together.

Now I work to maintain the electronics from The Lab. I intentionally do little work with the actual mechanics of Doug's Neumann lathe itself; I am not a "qualified" lathe tech. But, I do chase down vacuum system (electrical and mechanical) problems until they enter into the lathe itself as well as similar related systems. Example, I had to reverse engineer the electrics for the giant Lyrex sync motor that turns the cutting platter when the ancient 33/45 RPM speed selector switch went bonkers.

Anyway....enough of this...back to welcoming Kyle from Ojai!

Bri

Latest posts

Back