hello from the mellow

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacerabbit

hi friends,
i am just an guy getting old and remembering the beauty of producing music with my very small budget but nevertheless, in my early 20ties, i'm happy of having had some concerts and even got a contract offer which I haven't signed in the end because i've realized that I cannot be without a normal job and my mates at this time, i wasn't so shure if they would have the strenght to fulfill the contract.

At the end, I startet working and am happy with it, but I remember and would like to connect to what I've learned and sometimes it takes me back. I am here because i've found some very interesting articles which I enjoy reading and got some new ideas out of it.

i've been happily producing hip hop in a basement, had some marginal equipment BUT - luck on my side - we had in 91 etc, instead of the Akai - the Ensoniq Series. first the EPS16 then the ASR10 and after i left the good company, i had the ASR-X. now, like 25+ years later, beginning my 50ties, bought now an Akai MPC61, have the Virus TI2, a lot of Loudspeakers and more destroyed Amplifiers than working Amps.

these Amps beeing digital are impossible to fix. would have been nice to find somebody who can fix mines. but no. they are doomed, what a pitty.

now, starting again, to learn what i've missed in the past and having fun with the possibilities given nowadays, when back in 91 i was using an Atari 1000, the Ensoniq's, the Turntables and an old Roland Mixer which we needed for the Mic's :) yeah - basement hip hop at his best times I guess.

With my sonic experience, i'm interested to electronic music such as psy-progressive techno and good old funky sounds.

warm regards to everyone,

spacerabbit

Latest posts

Back