Hi from Philadelphia

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowboat

I've visited GroupDIY on numerous occasions, so thought it was time to sign up. Though I've been out of The (music) Business for years, I've recently assembled a better-than-basic hybrid recording rig. What's missing?

Horrortones! I refuse to throw several hundred at Auratone clones/mixcubes of dubious provenance, so of course it's time to build a pair.

Might build active speakers, might not. Space is premium, right now: though there's a pair of Crowns I could use, I just don't have room for more outboard gear in my ex-lounge..

Any suggestions for amping a pair of active Auraclones with 4.5" 8 Ohm full-range drivers? Pre-assembled micro-amps?

What I've seen at Parts Express anticipates a sub, which I definitely won't be using for A/B-ing with my reference monitors.

Regards,
Rowboat

[Image: back 'o the rack, showing Dangerous D-Box cabled up with Presonus Quantum 2626]

Attachments

• 20220716_124710.jpg
    20220716_124710.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Good suggestions for drivers on the DIY Auratone thread! I've decided against building active 5c clones: time to utilize that nice old Crown Powerline One I've got tucked away.

I'll post updates on that thread. Nice ta e-meet you!

Rowboat

Latest posts

Back