Hi from the PNW, USA!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojasnie

Jojasnie - aka Joe Jasniewski, retired "instrumentation" engineer with careers at Intel and DEC doing validation work, automated test.

Taken up playing on the six string, singing at the local open-mic. Perhaps a little ridiculous as I approach 70, but most of the others there are my age as well.

Still interested in sound. Particularly why things sound the way they do and how can I sculpt that using the various ingredients available these days. Mostly hardware.

Current projects are an electro-dynamic soundboard pickup for acoustic guitar that sounds different than either Piezo or Soundhole magnetic (works with nylon strings)

Also a Bogen tube PA amp chassis I'm rewiring for electric guitar use. Like the electro-dynamic soundboard pickup, want to try something unusual, just to try 'n see if I can make it "sweet".

I'll have questions on things like power supplies, attenuation (and other signal manipulation), can "this be used for that" type stuff. Hopefully folks viewing my posts can follow the ideas through, make that which they find agreeable their own and we end up helping out everyone interested in such things.

Back