Hipsters

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look Sahib,

I was a forerunner of hipster in the early 90s , now I'm an old git, and I reserve my right as an old git to judge the youth of today harshly, misunderstand them, find their tastes at once threatening and passé.

AND generally think the world has gone to pot since my day, where I can gloat about renting an entire house for 150 a month, buying 60s amps for 50 and finding high grade studio equipment in dumpsters and garages for free.

😂😂😂IT'S MY RIGHT DAMN IT!!!!!!!😂😂😂😂

You traitor. :eek: ;D ;D

I am there with you though. The rents have gone up crazy. Where I live a single room will cost you about £500 a month, plus the expenses. And West End of Glasgow is hardly Hollywood. 

However, I am more sick and tired of the fetishisation of the technology than the torn jeans and bushy beards today.  I am going to run over the next person who steps in front of my car while  his/her face stuck onto his/her mobile phone in admiration.

DaveP said:
Love it 8)
DaveP

Brilliant find Dave  :) :) :)

I also reseve my rights as an old git like Timjag

So to add to the dickhead personna, you have to add what I call the 'Word to 'Like' ratio': that is how many like words can the like dickhead like say between every like like. 

The smaller the ratio, the bigger the dickhead.  the smallest ratio I have come accross in a single sentence is 3.

Regards

Mike

Be careful out there. A nerd with a soldering iron who works with audio could easily be mistaken for a hipster.

Shit... I am a hipster
I have 4 kids, some livestock, work 50-60 hours a week.
Live in rural area.
This thread has prompted
A semantic investagation.
By 1 definition "an ironic appropriation of Cultural capital" makes one a hipster. I have been on this path since a punk kid saying screw the establishment.
Is R.Stevie Moore
An dickhead or hipster?
I blame society.

Am I a hípster  for liking indie folk?

Am I a hípster for liking vegan, organic food?

Am I  a hípster for being against animal testing and abandon?

Am I not a hípster for not having beard or wearing certain clothes?

Aesthetics aside I've never followed a trend or been totally against.

I like certain aspects of metalheads, hip hop, rastafari,  vegan, hipsters, mods culture.

We are smart enough to identify people who just follow a trend than others who found a trend that they feel fully identified with.

Majority of people follow a trend, sport team or politics for the sense of community but they also feel special for the sense of individuality. (funny human race thing)

Trends just come and go. Hipsters are the trend we are living just because it's 2017. They are not any better or worse than beatniks, hippies, skinheads, mods, yuppies, etc

If you don't like a trend just ignore it. They are not here to annoy you :)

sahib said:
The reality is that those today's "organic" shops are what the small clothes or record shops used to be , and I can't see how the extinction of '70s  shops can be blamed on the "hipsters" of today.

I’m not blaming no one, not even want to get back to the 70’s or something like that.

I’m more in a mood like hazel, if I don’t like something, it’s easier for me to ignore than hate.

The sad part for me is about the changes in the city, but as you say, it’s not because the hipsters,  if they don’t open their shops, banks or other kind of stuff like that will appear.

I take it you've all seen Nathan Barley by Chris Morris?  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhAr_UeroCk

Also these are exactly the sort of c**ts i have to deal with fairly regularly. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnBP_X4Zx-I

mrclunk said:
I take it you've all seen Nathan Barley by Chris Morris?  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhAr_UeroCk

Also these are exactly the sort of c**ts i have to deal with fairly regularly. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnBP_X4Zx-I

Matt Berry is a genius, I love his performance on the IT Crowd.

Latest posts

Back