History repeats

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even I am not old enough to remember Hitler. From history there are significant differences. I can imagine other past authoritarians to compare Putin to.

Hitler did not have nuclear weapons.

Coincidentally Putin said he was going to de-nazify Ukraine, while Zelensky is jewish. :rolleyes:

Putin is certainly cementing his place in world history for bad reasons.

JR

PS: If maintenance is not being performed on the Chernobyl site since it fell to Russian forces we could have a different nuclear drama.

Even I am not old enough to remember Hitler. From history there are significant differences. I can imagine other past authoritarians to compare Putin to.

Hitler did not have nuclear weapons.

Coincidentally Putin said he was going to de-nazify Ukraine, while Zelensky is jewish. :rolleyes:

Putin is certainly cementing his place in world history for bad reasons.

JR

PS: If maintenance is not being performed on the Chernobyl site since it fell to Russian forces we could have a different nuclear drama.
not only is it not being preformed, but russia's aggressive actions in seizing chernobyl have caused background radiation near the sarcophagus to spike 22x higher than normal.

Just having lots of activity in Tsjernobyl is bound to raise background radiation levels.

I wonder why the Russians want to take that part of Ukraine. Is it because it's easy?

Because they can use it as a 'safe' staging space for troops/equipment as no one will dare shell it..?

I've read that another goal may be to control the wheat output of Ukraine. It supplies much of the wheat for Europe as well as most of the sunflower oil. It may be why so many resources are in the countryside.

Ukraine is long known as the bread basket of Europe but besides food exports it is also major player in fertilizer production. I doubt this is high on Putin's list of reasons for invading Ukraine, but he'll take all the war spoils he can get.

Caveat I can't read Putin's mind either, while I just tried to.

JR

Ukraine is long known as the bread basket of Europe but besides food exports it is also major player in fertilizer production. I doubt this is high on Putin's list of reasons for invading Ukraine, but he'll take all the war spoils he can get.

Caveat I can't read Putin's mind either, while I just tried to.

JR

Stalin used forced famine as a weapon of war in Ukraine.

Stalin used forced famine as a weapon of war in Ukraine.
Yes that is their unfortunate history from the 1930s
WWW said:
the Holodomor, or ‘death by hunger’, that was unleashed on Ukraine as part of Stalin’s drive to collectivise farming across the Soviet Union
This is often cited when counting the number of people killed by communism (3.9M estimated killed in Ukraine alone by Stalin). Lenin was no slouch at killing people, and the Chinese communists killed some massive number of people.

JR

Back