how many modules actually use 24V rails for 51x???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulletchuck

Just how many different modules are there for 51x that will take advantage of the 24V rails??

so far, i've only seen:

Igor F76
CAPI VC528
CAPI VP312

What else is out there?  Is anyone designing new stuff that takes advantage of the extra power?  I know ruckus was comin' up with an LA-2A that fit in 2 slots..

A couple of modules are multi-compatible depending on how you build it. I know the EQN and NV73 are. I chose to build mine for the 500 series only and cut off the 24volts tabs on the edge connectors.

interesting.  I mean modules that specifically use/require the 24V rails.    I'm super happy that i built them instead of buying an API lunchbox/500V box.  but i wish more stuff made use of those rails.   

adding to the list:  JensAmp-51X by SilentArts. 

From a design perspective, what does using 24V vs. 16V give you?  More headroom?

Apparently??

I mean I have read people saying that the units run better(better headroom and fuller sound-subjective) compared to rack units and the 51x series because there is no hacks to get the 16volts to run to the original designed requirements for the module. That from what I understood people were saying.

Like I was a little worried regarding the NV73 since it uses the DC-DC converter to up the voltage to the modules requirements, something like that, but some people are saying it shouldn't be an issue.

There was also talk about the DC-DC converters produces more noise for the module?? Again, this is subjective I reckon.

It be good if someone could clear this up. I really can not tell because I do not have two similar builds to compare to like an NV73, EZ1073, 1073 re-issue.

The Jensamp germanium pre  is Bi compatible ? [ after mod ? ] but meant for 24 v
The 51 racks offer both so if a modules doesn't need 24v then it doesn't
matter , and if it does need more than 16v where else would they go ?
I bet if a " Big Name " adopted it , there would be a flood of products taking advantage
of the more versatile platform

Back