I shoulda invested in analog synths

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you make any money [mining btc]?

Yes but lost a bunch too. Mt. Gox, eBTC, and ASIC startups that went bust.  Many bad choices.
I did break even on the pc equip, fwiw.

buy a robot/automation ETF
+1 on AI, robotics and automation ETF's.  It's like a no-brainier how significant this sector will be in the coming years.
Machine learning too.  Some company patents some fundamental algo used in  machine learning and that will blow up as well (most likely Alphabet (GOOG).

Also a big one are industries related to gene splicing.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190409172038.htm

Anyone know of any ETF's in that area?

Sorry OP, this thread bounce its way over to wall street.  8)

"Oh this is some white boy sh*&. You can have it."
Lulz. 
White culture so urkle it gucci?  ;D
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/arts/music/lil-nas-x-old-town-road-country-rap.html

living sounds said:
If you had put 250 $ into the cryptocurrency then, you would now be a millionaire and could buy all the Junos you will ever need. ;-)

yea I've often wished I had just dumped $100 in most major cryptos when they were first coming online... A few grand woulda turned into millions...

dmp said:
The really great thing about storing value in a old guitar or synth is it pays dividends every time you play it.
Yes! And now I'm finally getting some dividends off this one. :)

MountCyanide said:
Back in '99 a friend of mine told me he got a keyboard from a pawn shop. He said that it's probably broken and there were no sounds in it. It was a Juno-6. I plugged it in and made an arpeggiation and twisted the hell out of the filter and resonance like Pink Floyd On the Run. He said, "Oh this is some white boy sh*&. You can have it." I still use it all the time.

This is pretty ironic considering how awesome the bass tones on this thing are... I used it on a trip hop ish track earlier tonight. And playing with the envelope and freq filter you can get some rediculously funky leads and basses reminiscent of the P-funk era.... of course it does that white boy stuff pretty darn well too...

I definitely did not know what I was doing when I first got this or I never would have let it sit on the shelf so long.  Rediscovering it came at a good time too, as I'm doing more composition and production work so it'll see some good use.

Back