I think I've seen that before?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcat

Just for fun I started drawing out the schematic of a deceased Focusrite Platinum Voicemaster some time ago with the aim of resurecting the Eq and Compressor (yeah I know....but for generic "talent" processing they're great).  A couple of weeks ago I looked at the Eq section and it's almost identical to the Alto  Voice Plus ( http://www.amexcoargentina.com.ar/manuales_alto/service_manual/ )...Wonder if the same guy designed it (and the Behringer)?

Anyone know if the mic amp and "vintage" are similar to other Focusrite gear?..The De-esser appears to be similar but the compressor doesn't......to the Voicemaster.

Tim

So far I've drawn out the power supply, Mic amp, line i/p, Hpf, Eq, compressor and De-esser schematics from a Focusrite Voicemaster Platinum ( really sad I know, but I have three Voicemasters in various states of failure and would like to fix at least one of them without paying Focusrite ). The Eq and De-esser circuits appear to be the same as the Behringer and Alto equivalents and the compressor is the same as the Behringer unit... there are small differences such as the opto-couplers and the resistors in the gain reduction indicator ladder... oh and the Alto and Behringer are surface mount.

Did the same designer work for all three companies?

Anyone know if Behringer and Alto are/were linked?

Anyone know?

topcat

How did this work out for you?  I am currently looking at purchasing a Focusrite Platinum VoiceMaster Pro  which powers on but has no output and a non functioning VU meter.  Am I in over my head?

Latest posts

Back