Help with API 312 PCB build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay also just for the sake of helping my understanding (even tho I'm omitting it from my build), the logic behind the mute switch is probably just breaking all paths of signal -> output transformer right? Essentially so that signal is passing through the entire circuit up until that point at which point its just hitting a wall?

[My goal is to learn Kicad and pcb design] -- What have you learned so far? Have you downloaded the material I made available to you??? Are you going to send me your KiCAD files for further review???

/
Hi!

Sorry for the delay, I've had a lot going on and somehow missed your messages. I’ve downloaded the manual and learned a lot from online resources as well. There’s still plenty to master, but for these simpler circuits, everything is working well so far.

This first PCB was more of a proof of concept. It worked, but the mechanical design was lacking. The second version will be better laid out to fit my custom-built 500 series console, which has taken up most of my time recently. In fact, I just received the new PCBs for building it.

I've learned that spending time carefully planning your design saves you an incredible amount of time during the actual build. It's also much more rewarding when all the mechanical holes and connections line up perfectly. Once this project (the 500 series console) is finished, I’ll post the final product somewhere. I’m just really happy to see how much my designs have improved in only about six months.

Hi!

Sorry for the delay, I've had a lot going on and somehow missed your messages. I’ve downloaded the manual and learned a lot from online resources as well. There’s still plenty to master, but for these simpler circuits, everything is working well so far.

This first PCB was more of a proof of concept. It worked, but the mechanical design was lacking. The second version will be better laid out to fit my custom-built 500 series console, which has taken up most of my time recently. In fact, I just received the new PCBs for building it.

I've learned that spending time carefully planning your design saves you an incredible amount of time during the actual build. It's also much more rewarding when all the mechanical holes and connections line up perfectly. Once this project (the 500 series console) is finished, I’ll post the final product somewhere. I’m just really happy to see how much my designs have improved in only about six months.
[It worked, but the mechanical design was lacking] -- I am also involved with "mechanical design" as well. See below:

>> 2U rack-chassis rear-panel mechanical design (BNC & XLR connectors):
1728723181927.png

>> PCB-backplane mechanical-detail fabrication drawing. PCB was used within an "FAA Air-Traffic-Controller" system:
1728723255342.png

>> PCB-assembly mechanical-detail assembly drawing for the above PCB:
1728723307744.png

>> PCB-motherboard mechanical-detail fabrication drawing that was "hand-drawn". PCB was used for an RCA color TV:
1728723416538.png

>> Mechanical design-fabrication drawing of a "foam-packing insert" used to house military equipment during shipping:
1728723491749.png

>> Mechanical & PCB detail-drawing for a LUNDAHL transformer that the manufacturer -- DOES NOT PROVIDE!!! --:
1728723689272.png
So.....whaddya need???

/

Latest posts

Back