I wrote an app!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulletchuck

Hi, folks! Just wanted to let you guys all know about an app that I've been developing for the past few months called Chordie. you can check it out here: www.chordieapp.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRuQH8Iswg8

Looks like a nice learning tool.
My only comment is to watch out for those odd chords that shouldn't really be: the notorious dominant with a flat 5th, for example.  I'm not fond of the idea of perpetuating things like that.

Just because something is taught in college doesn't mean that it's correct.

i'm not gonna get into a theory discussion with you, but those are extremely common chords in Jazz and french classical music (i.e. the French6 chord).  Look it up in any jazz piano book, or college theory textbook.  7b5 is as legal as Maj7b5, and min7b5.  Saying otherwise is just musically ignorant. 

I've added a promo code for GroupDIY users to get $4.99 off the $14.99 price. the code is "groupdiy". use the red button to apply the code, as Paypal won't let me allow promo codes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRuQH8Iswg8

www.chordieapp.com

Hey Chuck,  Pretty cool app, I wanted something like this for a long time. 

I had a little problem starting it up because it claimed the Digi command 8 midi controller as its input device,  but that just required me to establishing a legit controller in Audio Midi setup.  (I had just installed a new OS partition with PT 11 HD the other day and had not set a controller up yet.)

Next thing I'm hooking up is an old roland GR1 midi guitar I haven't used in a while to be able to play guitar voices that I use and know the base cord, but want a more appropriate chord name for.   

I'm digging it. 

I forgot to mention I heard Chordie mentioned on the current Protools expert podcast as the find of the week by one of the podcasters.      Way to go.

Back