is this shipping as crazy as it seems? (EU help!)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grantlack

Trying to order some recone kits from DLS Sweden for a pair of woofers that I received damaged in shipping. The kits themselves are $45 apiece, fine... But shipping  DHL from Gothenburg to the US is supposed to come to $100 or more! Call me crazy, but it just seems like there must be a cheaper option. Any wisdom to share, Scandinavian comrades?

That's normal in my experience.

The issue is that if you're shipping from overseas to the USA there is no "ground" option.  Basically everything is 2-3 day air.  The cheapest option would be EMS which is handled by local postal authorities.  It'll be delivered by USPS here.  Might save you $30.

Mike

It's due to the dimensional weight of the cone kits.  They're not heavy, but they come in really BIG boxes.  Maybe try to find a US distributor who has already paid the shipping costs to get them to the States.

Yeah, already tried DLS stateside. The drivers are discontinued and the recone kits are only available from home base. EMS was the acronym I was at a loss for, thanks mike.

I've been there, what I ussualy do is to wait someone to travel near I need and send to there... With the local customs small packages goes in OK, but expensive shipping, expensive packages pays themselves the shipping but never came across the customs and in the remote case it passes the tax are heavy... It doesn't happen with small packages that came in someone's pocket.

JS

Perhaps there are some transport companies somethin like shipito-dot-com in US and HK but in EU?

Try my friend Ed at http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/

They are about 45 miles south of Chicago.

Back