It Shall be Nasty!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

Putting together this saturation box. I'm curious how it will stack up against my saturation plugins. I chose the 6N2p and 6N6p tubes respectively. I have enough of these tubes to not feel guilty about abusing and or burning them until the break of dawn. Spent the day getting my voltages together, I had a lightning clap moment when I accidentally shorted the B+ at 290V and the MOSFET survived the blast, lol. Two stages of gain, the first stage is gounded cathode and the second is active (DN2540) loaded into the cathode follower. Combining the sloppy sound of the resistor loaded grounded cathode amplifier with the tighter punchier delivery of the active loaded stage should be a nice compromise.

Last edited:
I had a couple of Edcors laying around for almost 20yrs and thought why not use em. I know they sound very pleasing to my ears. I can't speak for others but I like them. And if you know how to lay out a design you can get away with no shielding.

Attachments

• 20230513_020156.jpg
    20230513_020156.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back