It's that time Again

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, I have build one also, same concept, no transformers just a 5532 and a pair of transistors, using the same opamp for the high Z return signal.

I'm always surprised how shitty it sounds when isolated (pfl) and the wonders it does when mixed in.

A very cool thing to have, awesome on vocals.

I decided on the Lm4562 opamp and INA134 receivers. The tanks are short decay low impedance input so I'll beef up the drive current with a MJE 172/182 combo. I also have a pair of Edcor 600:600 laying around for out duty. I'm hoping for a good sound. Fingers crossed.

Stereo spring reverb is getting prepped
9AB1C1B (y) In my opinion, the models with type 1 decay time are best suited for general studio applications. Longer decay times are of course also interesting, especially for guitar and organ, but for voices (and other sources) I find that too long decay times can get often in the way of the music.

I built a couple based on an Elliott Sound Products circuit that has a simple eq and limiter in the circuit (the latter switchable in/out). Each unit has two tanks: short and medium (I was going for short/long but they sent me the wrong ones - and didn't actually have long in stock... That mistake was no mistake). There were a whole lot of positions in the circuit where you could adjust resistors (e.g. gain, limiting) and capacitors (eq). I added pots and switched capacitors for tuning. In retrospect most of these mods were not needed. Transformerless in/out.

This will be used as a send/ return effect in my DAW. Therefore I'm able to manipulate the EQ curve and dynamics going in and coming out. This is the way I run my DIY hardware plate reverb with excellent results. I did look at ESP pages and a few others. I will be opamp balanced in and transformer out, 98% of my connections are balanced with transformers as my preference. I have a big hum and buzz phobia, lol.

Latest posts

Back