Joe Meek SC2 Slope switch.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walrus

Does anybody recognise this switch from a Joe Meek SC2 compressor. The owner managed to drop something on the knob and broke off the shaft!
It's 4 pole 5 way rotary, but 2 of the poles switch in opposite directions to the other 2. I think I've seen the intertwined B T logo before but can't remember where.
I'm in contact with PMI Audio, but nothing yet....

Attachments

• Switch1.jpg
    Switch1.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Switch2.jpg
    Switch2.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 7
Nope, never heard back from Ted Fletcher.
I did find out that it wasn't an off the shelf switch, but specially made.

In the end I drilled out the broken off shaft and the stub in the switch, and glued/screwed a 2mm cut-off screw thread
into each bit. Wasn't very accurate as I don't have engineering workshop facilities! But it worked, and the owner was very happy.

Hi All,

I can confirm that the switch is a Belton switch, based on the BTSR16H series. Company based in Korea.
As designer for PMI Audio, I was able to find these details in the archives, which the service team probably do not have access to.
Hope this helps.

Taz.

Attachments

• BTSR16H SERIES.pdf
    807.5 KB · Views: 0
Sorry, no details on that.
I believe there were various SC2 versions made using different switches in some cases rotary wafer switches (hand wired) were also used originally.

I recognized the BT inscription on the pictures provided earlier by you and knew this was a Beltron product, and it was used on the Joe Meek product.
I do believe it is a standard product and not custom.

Taz

Back