Joe meek the tea chest tapes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...you don’t know until you play them.”

Must be a very fun and exciting recovery process.  Thanks for the link!

Cool. Thanks.

Quote:

“A gifted electronics designer, he made his own “black boxes,” including what is thought to be the first spring reverb.”

Unless he designed it at age 3, this is a stretch.

rackmonkey said:
Cool. Thanks.

Quote:

“A gifted electronics designer, he made his own “black boxes,” including what is thought to be the first spring reverb.”

Unless he designed it at age 3, this is a stretch.

Maybe the first in England?  Who knows....

He also should be credited as the first to do sound replacement, samples.  It was said he often had the drummers in session without a kick drum and would stomp on the floor of his loo,bathroom in place of it. He would just mic the floor.

Yes the center track mystery material is interesting.  1800 tapes.  What a challenge and more of the scientific method to keep notes and such while transferring.  It’s the only way to make a Sensible gameplay for release. 

I have a 45 of Telstar I need to listen to again.    I remember when “Have I the Right” came out.  It had a very different and unique sound compared to other songs that were on the radio.  Long time ago. 

Back