Just introducing myself.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austee

Hello all,

My Name is Austin and before I dive in to the DIY world, I just wanted to say hello, and that what you guys (and Gals?) do is just amazing. I can't believe I have been in the professional audio world for the better part of a decade and had no clue about DIY gear. Well, needless to say I have yet to even build anything and I'm hooked. I have been obsessing on the computer for the better part of a week now(my wife is pissed I found something else to take what little time I already have away even more) reading this forum inside and out and I am just taken back by the ability of the members here. To put some of the gear that I have been drooling over for such a long time with in reach has mad me feel as giddy as a school girl(I wish I found out about this before I bought so many name brands). Anyway, I just wanted to say hey, and thanks for making so much information available and if I can make even 3% of what you guys have done, and make it 1% as beautiful looking, I will be a happy camper.

Austin.

Cj,

I'm already a little worried about that. I'm pretty sure my time to myself will be after the kids are in bed and Modern Family has there little marathons :) Between live work, studio work, and the family, it looks like it will take a little bit to finish a project.

Spiritworks,

I smiled then instantly felt bad reading your comment. I manage to do a lot in the little time I have and while it wasn't always like this, I have learned to put family first(even when I really don't want too). But, thank you for your words of advice. Your words have been soldered in my head...HAHA?

On a side note I finally made my decision for my first project, the SB4000 from Serpent Audio. I feel like that will break me in, or just break me. It is well documented with a large support thread that has seemed to answer any issue that has risen. I will just order the entire kit for my first time and maybe decide to upgrade certain components on recommendations. Maybe I'll order a DIY D.I. box or headphone amp so i can get used to ordering from mouser, ect... I just finished designing the face plate that already had a strong template for FRONT PANEL DESIGNER. I can't wait. So for ruffly $500 shipped I should have all the pieces in about a week, though I intend on practicing soldering for a few weeks and get some basics on electrical engineering from the library and pdf's on the computer.

Anyway, thank you guys for saying hello...And Maybe this isn't the thread to be discussing this stuff? I read the rules and it was a bit broad on the subject so just let me know of some maybe unspoken rules.

Thanks,
Austin.

First rule is: The laws of Germany
Second rule is: Be nice to mommy
Third rule is: Don't talk to commies
Fourth rule is: Eat kosher salamis

Was able to throw in a ramones references. Neat.

Welcome to the diy community. There are basic rules llke be  nice. Other are more loose such as what gets posted and where. While we do like to follow that, once in a while one slips threw the cracks.  The brewery is the perfect place to intro your self. Welcome aboard. good luck on your first project...

Back