Just wanted to thank pucho812 for his Avalon expertise.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tziolas

Had my beloved Avalon737sp suddenly just die on me, and was lost on what to do. My tube heater voltage kept dropping with each tube I would plug into it. So strange.

Sure enough it was the elephant sized rectifier on the PSU and I swapped out the C23 for good measure, and she is back to sounding great! Great tip on clipping out the rectifier too. I have a little soldering knowledge but not a ton. Without clipping those 4 big prongs, I could see how someone could easily do quite a bit of damage getting out those rectifier tent spikes still attached to the piece. :)

Wish I could buy you a beer or something, but for now, just a big thanks for all that you do for the members here!!

Back into the studio I go....

Had my beloved Avalon737sp suddenly just die on me, and was lost on what to do. My tube heater voltage kept dropping with each tube I would plug into it. So strange.

Sure enough it was the elephant sized rectifier on the PSU and I swapped out the C23 for good measure, and she is back to sounding great! Great tip on clipping out the rectifier too. I have a little soldering knowledge but not a ton. Without clipping those 4 big prongs, I could see how someone could easily do quite a bit of damage getting out those rectifier tent spikes still attached to the piece. :)

Wish I could buy you a beer or something, but for now, just a big thanks for all that you do for the members here!!

Back into the studio I go....
Oh my god. Dude, that is such a nice thing to say. I am touched.
without recanting details, I have had a lot of ups and downs lately. But like all things, when going through hell you keep going.

Glad you were able to get to the heart of the matter fairly quickly. Glad your 737 is back to sounding awesome.

Great tip on clipping out the rectifier too. I have a little soldering knowledge but not a ton. Without clipping those 4 big prongs, I could see how someone could easily do quite a bit of damage getting out those rectifier tent spikes still attached to the piece. :)
I recommend that for a lot of things, not just that rectifier. It's a great tip to prevent PCB damage. I clip out all kinds of things which makes it easier for repairs when needed.

Latest posts

Back