Kevin Gray - Cohearent Records

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just recently watched this video. It’s very much about one man’s passion project that includes a ton of analog theory and design, but not a huge amount of the type of specifics usually posted in the drawing board. I’d put it in the brewery myself.

Excellent video and this man clearly planned his work and worked his plan. The results are pretty excellent too, there is apparently a record being released soon but the studios are not for hire.

While we never met in person, I've had a lot of email and Ma Bell conversations with Kevin. He is a very kind and patient man....one of the last from the Olde World I grew up in. And one of the few remaining Kings of Lacquer.

Bri

This is beautiful. Thank you Kevin. I swear that dry sax has the gorgeous topend even through my iPhone. Got to listen to this on my system.

I’ve learned two things. I’m not the only cutter who is crazy enough to build our own idea of a dream setup. The other thing is that dreams take approximately 15 years to complete. We were on the same (unintentional) schedule.

Interesting that he has put the C37 reproduce amps on the later model Studer to retain an all tube signal path across his system ,

Interesting that he has put the C37 reproduce amps on the later model Studer to retain an all tube signal path across his system ,
The other choice would have been to use a Telefunken M10a with Neumann replay electronics. Those decks were only available “B wind” where the oxide is stored facing out. The German broadcast standard.

In the US it was common to fit an extra head for preview on an Ampex 300.

Latest posts

Back