kev's project 2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikiru

Has anyone tryed the oep version of kev's project 2? I would like to use this artwork because there is tons of room between the traces, unlike fabio's layout and I want to try etching at home. Also a question for kev, is there any chance that a version will be made that can take the cinemags like fabio's?

Thanks,

Jay

Does anyone have anything clear on the Cinemag pinouts and layout? Some stuff on the site indicates ten pins?

While I am interested in the Cinemag iron, I think the OEP and Lundahl iron provided for are an excellent (and affordable) starting point. I do like that these other affordable options like Cinemag and Altran are emerging. Any word on the previously mentioned custom run of 2222 (is that the original API?) clones?

Bear

Bear,
I have the Cinemag CM75101-APC pinout and mechanical info here, gimme your email if you want it. It has 8 pins on exact same location as JT110k.

Ikiru,
My layout have 2 or 3 points that can cause issues during home etching, I will fix then. Other than that the clearance is about 20 mils, which use to work fine for me. My intention was to offer a useful PDF to DIY...

cheers!
Fabio

Fabio,
I'll have those mechanical drawings for the Cinemag trafo please.

Jay,
yep, I'll be glad to add the Cinemag trafo .. or do a new PCB to suit. Just be patient while I get things sorted. I've been struck down with an eye infection in both eyes this week and to cap it off, been working dawn till dusk. Olympics mare very close and we are not on schedule. Added to that the building works in my backyard are a disaster.

The small basic board with OFF board trafo for Project 2 has a couple of problems. I didn't notice them until I started drilling them. You get that.
Once the basic board is in good shape I'll prep a dual and a quad version of it.
I tend to think that the single boards are ultimately a better idea for your early versions as it gives you the chance to try a few options in the one box while you sort out what your favourite parts are. These option will probably have to have the same voltage rail in each box ... and yet with a JLM 5 rail you could have two different voltage rails and phantom.

see !! so many options and variants. :cool:

Back