Knopfler at Red Rocks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazer

Saw Mark last week at Red Rocks .  Sold out crowd.    We are not worthy.  What an over achiever.  5 albums with Dire Straight and 9 solo albums. 

Some might say the show was up and down but it had to be one of the best performances from a killer 11 piece band.  He is so prolific.  I listen to an Album front to back.  There were songs I felt sounded better than the studio recording. 

Hope more people get to see him.  There is talk of him being done with traveling tours.

Attachments

• IMG_6918.JPG
    IMG_6918.JPG
    330.1 KB
You know there are some in the industry that have a very high work ethic...

I saw Sting in the Hamptons a few years ago...incredible energy from a guy in his 60's he was actually in better physical shape than his son (who did the warm up set, and sounded eerily like early Sting, except not the genre...as if Sting had been a pub singer instead)...

Some of the songs slightly re-imagined but consummate performance so no details washed over...it was fun hearing old Police songs like they were just on the radio...but live.

I think I saw / heard him live 5 times now. Every time a flawless performance.

Saw him this year in May in my hometown Cologne, it is supposed to be his final tour, I think. He didn't really play the really fast parts of the solos any more, but really anyone playing on that stage was once again flawless.

It really doesn't get any better than Mark Knopfler and band.

He opened the tour in Barcelona with an announcement that he was done touring but not recording.

He's going to retire and I'm never going to get to see my hero live :( The tickets are just too expensive for me whenever he comes here.

Back