la -2a P2P

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's deep enough.

I picked up one of Kid Squid's reproductions:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=30830.0

These are like the original and Hammond looks about the same (?).  If I hadn't have landed one of these, I would have used the Hammond for sure.

Here is another person who used the Hammond:
http://www.recproaudio.com/diy_pro_audio/teletronix_la2a.htm

Certainly it's tight!  People have used them with success though.

Mike

Here´s my first and probably last P2P DIY-project. I have to admit now that I´m done: P2P is not my thing. But anyway I made it, both LA2As are dead quiet. It required a slightly modified grounding, wire moving and shielding to get hum down, though. Cases are from our member androidtube, original UTC iron (thanks, Fabio), Urei T4B in one unit, Kenetek in the other one, NOS tubes, P2P layout by scenaria (hope he is fine).

Attachments

• 000_0603.JPG
    000_0603.JPG
    619.2 KB · Views: 125
You´d only see a big wiring mess. Like I said, P2P is not my thing.  :-[

honestly: my camera gave up. She´s not used to goodlooking DIY results. I need to get a new camera for any further pictures first.

Hi

About the T4B´s, searching in ancient webs (recording.org and such via webarchive) I´ve found info on DIYed T4b´s, looks  easy and funny to build. If someone is interested just drop me a PM with a mail and I will send the files I´ve got, not so much, but I think It´s enough to get the idea.

So my camera decided to work again, at least a little bit. Flash did not, though. Especially for Holger the guts:

Attachments

• 000_0608.JPG
    000_0608.JPG
    754.2 KB · Views: 88
Which meters did you use - they look like the original but on the one photo I can see they're
Sifams?

And how did you get the teletronix logo on it?

:eek:

Hey All!

Here are a couple pics of mine!
It was a very interesting build, I can't wait to make another one!!
ek7v.jpg

i2zv.jpg

q00g.jpg

ax05.jpg

I finished some times ago a stereo p2p la2a.
I wouldn't recommend this challenge, it starts to make too many wires, more suitable for a mono unit :

16996530_1617253498292316_5451060561450672111_n.jpg

I had a lot of hum at the right side, I thought it was from the power transformer, but it was simply a hazardous grounding. I thought ok lets connect any stuff to the chassis and it made some disastrous ground paths. I rewired some sections more seriously and now it is very quiet, I thought this information might help some builders.

Latest posts

Back