LA3A 500 BUILD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peter purpose said:
Sure, but mine works with it in.

Yea my meter works, the lack of any compression is more of an issue for me!
Could you clarify something else for me please? The solder pads for C14, and one end of R44 and R12 are very close indeed, my solder has bridged these pads, does this matter? Looking at the schematic they appear to be connected, but I'd be glad if you could let me know either way?

Thanks!

I'd like to share a reply from Greg (Drip) for this project:

what i would love is the exact dimensions of the foot print of the t4 set up from the la3 pcb  including the power for the panel .

that might be a stretch since that might be proprietary / or a boundary issue , which i understand .

theoretically i could simply make a module for it that just drops in .

how ever beyond that huge orchestration id be happy to make you a unit that fits
your project regard less .

say a little two dimensional box with leads .

when i duplicated the urei cell , i ended up with 10,000 cells , so no issue there .

etc.

regards ,

gregory

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not entirely sure Greg only wants to make a single, or pair of these just for you.
Better to just get matched ldrs and el panel from him.

peter

Well, let's assume that he wants to make it for this project, and not just for me (as a one-off).  So, that way there is an  actual T4B designed specifically for this kit.  Any chance we could get those dimensions??  pretty please??

mulletchuck said:
Well, let's assume that he wants to make it for this project, and not just for me (as a one-off).  So, that way there is an  actual T4B designed specifically for this kit.  Any chance we could get those dimensions??  pretty please??

IF that's the case, too bad he didn't propose this when it was demanded.
At the beginning of this project, i think Peter and some others had some request of El panels etc...
if Drip had a project of doing some limited custom part for this one at that time, i'm sure most would have jumped
on it. Dunno if it would still be the case now. And wouldn't it cost some money to have only 2 made for you?
And which dimensions would you like to have?

He should be aware, the board is already supplied by peter. The matched cells and panel would surely be sufficient. But maybe he has some kind of light-proof enclosure he's planning to supply. Either way, his maximum potential sales potential is pretty low at this point. I would try to stop him.

just to clarify, Greg offered to design it so i don't have to gut a t4b.  I never requested that he come up with something.  All i asked him was if he still had t4Bs in stock for this project, and sent him a link to the post showing how it would be gutted to fit on the board. 

RV21 'Squash' Pot wiring?

Hi,
I've for something weird happening with RV21 (the squash pot). Could someone let me know if I've screwed up on wiring, currently I have the following:

As you look down on the board I have the top terminal of RV21 connected to 'CW' on the board
The middle terminal to 'W'
And the bottom terminal to 'GND'

is that right?

Thanks,

S.

Potentiometer.JPG

A is Counter Clock Wise... to GND ground
B is Wiper... to W
C is Clockwise... to CW

Thanks for that! Wiring was correct but swapping to shielded cable has cleared up the 'weirdness' I was hearing. I should have taken more notice earlier in this thread when that was recommended!

When the VU is showing gain reduction (with signal present) I find that if I turn the 'Squash' beyond 3 O'Clock the needle shifts down from 0Vu to about -4. Any ideas why that might happen?

Thanks,

S.

Back