Lab Power Supply, cheap ampere/voltage panel meters. help?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

microc

Hi!
I was fireing up a prosjekt last saturday and a resistor melted :D hehe, well I realized I need some more equipment for my lab. I have started building a power supply with the following specs:
DC: 0-50V  0-10A 
with adjustable voltage and constant current source.
AC: 0-230V 0-2,14 A
I belive this includes all my needs.

So my boring question is; does anybody know some webshops that sales cheap ampere/voltage panel meters?? on mouser/farnell/elfa it's quite expensive. On ebay I found a bounce, but the problem is it's from different sellers and shipping to Norway is not free for some reasons  :p

Anyone? plz  8)
Thank you, I appreciate it :)

well, yeah, I know, but the meters are from different sellers and shipping to Norway is not free..
So if anybody know about a webshop??

I'm of no specific help, meters tend to be expensive, probably nothing to do about that... A LED chain is cheap, but likely you want more resolution.

Just wanted to ask if you're sure about the 50 V/10 A (0.5 kW!) thing--and how in the world do you implement a variable AC-source up to 230 V/2.14 A..? Variac of course, but that's not really a lab PSU.

Samuel

Dunno about the shipping fees from France to Norway but this place has a lot of interesting stuff...
http://www.electronique-diffusion.fr/index.php?cPath=4_2140_2142

There's 5 pages of analog meters from 1.50 to 5 euros, AC, DC, Ampmeters, Voltmeters, even VU meters....

Axel

Samuel Groner said:
Just wanted to ask if you're sure about the 50 V/10 A (0.5 kW!) thing--and how in the world do you implement a variable AC-source up to 230 V/2.14 A..? Variac of course, but that's not really a lab PSU.

Samuel

Hi Samuel,
I'm gonna use a 500VA transformer, and then set 3 voltages (+5, +15V and -15V) and also one variable 0-20(or higher).
The AC source I haven't deside yet, but maybe a variac. Else I would use triacs and a 1:1 transformer for galvanic border and to smooth out the sinus from the triacs.

No it's not really a "lab psu", but still, its usefull.
:D

mad.ax said:
Dunno about the shipping fees from France to Norway but this place has a lot of interesting stuff...
http://www.electronique-diffusion.fr/index.php?cPath=4_2140_2142

There's 5 pages of analog meters from 1.50 to 5 euros, AC, DC, Ampmeters, Voltmeters, even VU meters....

Axel

Hi Axel,
Thank you very much! It's very useful! :)

Looks great. Shipping i sno problem as long as I can them all shipped in one package :)

Back