Regulated pedal power, in a car.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the 'house' power system finished yesterday.
2 LiFePo4 batteries, DC-DC charge controller pulling 25 amps off the alternator, 3000W inverter and a DC fuse box connected only to the battery bank.
Got a switch and 60 amp ANL fuse between the DCDC box and the alternator (so it doesn't keep pulling charge when the car is stopped). And another switch and fuse between the DCDC box and the batts. Also I got the ground all coming back to a 'Stinger' brand block. It seemed better than trying to hang everything off one battery stud the way the manufacturer recommends.
Any pedal or music gadget regulated voltage boxes I make are gonna terminate back to that fused screw block on upper right.
As well as the fridge, water pump, fan, interior lights etc.
Gotta say, all that 4, 6 and 8 gauge cutting and crimping murdered my 50 year old forearms!
Going to do some hardcore cable management when I start running the lower amperage lines off the fuse block.
IMG_8508.jpg

Ps I'm also kind of proud of myself that I actually used real red and black cables. And color coded the heat shrink according to where it was. So many thing's I'v built in the past I just used whatever color wire I had convenient. Which is fine for when building it. But when you revisit it later kinda hard to remember what purple and orange mean?
pps. dont poke me in the eye over the woodwork. I'm trying to make use of every last scrap of plywood since it's so dear these days. That pedestal over the wheel well is solid as a rock. It just looks a little funny if you care about square angles.

Last edited:
beat me to it!

btw I'm still working on this idea. I just had to back burner it while I sorted out more important things like torque converters, cell repeaters and suspension.

Latest posts

Back