Langevin SMX-114 Fader connections

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realmseeker

I have a Langevin SMX-114 600 ohm fader wired in after my Langevin eq251 (600 ohm) and I am noticing a very subtle pop noise as I fade through each step on the fader. The SMX-114 is a bridged T fader with 32 steps. I’m surprised I can hear the transfer between steps. Is there something that may cause this with the way the ground is wired? Anyone familiar with these older faders?

Don’t recall if that’s a linear or rotary. The rotary tend to be dirty with age and there’s no good way to clean them since they’re sealed.

They are the linear slide line style fader. I opened them up and the gold traces are immaculate. No pitting or wear. I have 4 and they all do the same thing…

Do you have a Daven or similar rotary to compare? I feel like ‘subtle’ is a thing I frequently hear.

I have some Davens that I tested and noticed the same thing. Subtle (very quiet but there). I was testing using a 1k tone and after testing with actual music I can’t hear the steps unless I’m really trying to notice them. I guess Im splitting hairs here and I probably wired things correctly. I mean these faders are 60 years old at this point. Thanks for the help Doug.

Back