Let's Talk

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

The days of a unique sounding studio is fading away. Ya'll running the same clones, plugins etc. For this very reason I decided to not share any further. Sound is intimate man...don't whore it out...hahaha!
A manufacturer designs for mass appeal, a DIYer designs for personal satisfaction, a non technical person likes lights and buttons, the enlightened keeps the audio path as uncluttered as possible.
Shitty equipment is as important to sound as your super ultra gear, and ghetto kids mix with headphones on laptops instead of uber super monitors and get rich doing it. Wow ya gotta love this biatch called audio.

..and then there are the small independent manufacturers and their die-hard customers - a market driven by individual musician's craving the good sound..

..and don't forget everything in-between - making music is a continuous learning experience..

Not seeing the problem,

Jakob E.

No , ya gotta Love it, then it doesn't matter what or where you do [ I do! married to music ]
commerce does add a quality of " it's not about the music "  Good music & compelling performances
always transcend gear of course, pity is all the great music we'll never get to hear...........
and this grp wouldn't be here if not for gear, what is it that you really want or expect ?

I don't understand how using the same plugins or clones results in the same sounding recordings. You have thousands of different variables like musicians, instruments, rooms, microphones, mic placement, monitors, etc. On top of that, every engineer, producer and musician has different ears and training. I could scroll through my ipod for hours and would be hard pressed to find a recording that sounds identical to another.

Back