Life’s little annoyances

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Found a desk fault and said how to fix it.
The person who owns the desk was not happy.
Two days later, another tech who works here repeats the exact same solution I told the owner.
The desk owner was happy to hear we have a solution to the problem.

🤷🤷🤷

Two days later, another tech who works here repeats the exact same solution I told the owner.

🤷🤷🤷
Sounds like a failure to communicate 🤔

Another annoying disconnect when working inside a corporation is how upper management will ignore solutions suggested from inside by employees, but is more receptive to the same solutions coming from a paid outside consultant.

JR

Sounds like a failure to communicate 🤔

Another annoying disconnect when working inside a corporation is how upper management will ignore solutions suggested from inside by employees, but is more receptive to the same solutions coming from a paid outside consultant.

JR
Possible. Not to defend myself telling someone “we recommend rebooting your digital desk once a month as routine maintenance. I also see you are on an older version of desk software we recommend updating to what is currently available as we continuously improve the code to prevent what you experienced”
Seems pretty direct. Other tech said the same thing but in opposite order.
As long as it’s resolved I am happy.

Last edited:

🤷🤷🤷
Sounds like the typical studio owner to me....

He wanted to complain and you were first in line. After he got that out of his system he wanted it fixed.

He wanted to complain and you were first in line. After he got that out of his system he wanted it fixed.
corporate politics 101 teaches us to not be the one who brings the big boss bad news. I recall one manager who would always make one of his underlings deliver the bad news. I had the bad habit of telling my boss everything, knowing that I would want to know.

JR

Back