Linking Paypal and Ebay accounts?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruairioflaherty

I went to purchase some PCBs on Ebay tonight and a message popped up saying that I must link my Ebay and Paypal accounts to purchase from that seller.  Is there any reason not to do that? 

I won't be selling on Ebay, too much heartache, buying only.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Tried to buy an item tonight and received the message attached, my guess is that Ebay have some how set this as a default for sellers.

Attachments

• ebay.png
    ebay.png
    93.8 KB
I wonder if they're over all sales are dropping ? you need a pp to list , you HAVE to give shipping options
and you need to agree to more rules for international shipping . I'm not boxing the item up for a no sale
it all adds up using both of them less , only for the truly good deal or selling something that I'll make money on
not just to get rid of it.

Doesn't eBay own Paypal anyway or vice versa? With the way eBay user details security leaks I would not want a hacker also getting access to my Paypal account when he breaks into eBay.

Surely they must have browned off enough people for there to be a viable alternative?

Cheers

Ian

To add to the insult, sellers have to pay both ebay and paypal fees on postage, so if you follow the standard postage options and list postage at cost, you will be 14% short on your postage.

Small change perhaps, but it can add up on big parcels.

The way I deal is to have a separate bank account with the minimum balance linked to the pp and other online accounts. That way a breach does not hit the family account. eBay owns pp so they want everything linked.
Mike

And they still get you twice on slightly poor exchange rates, higher rate on fees and lower rate when
you want your money!

Back