Live Console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The X32 has literally just started shipping so it might be prudent to wait untill there are a bunch of these in the field and we get more user feedback.

The good news is it will probably push down street pricing for even used gear.

JR

I'd want an old Midas Heritage 1000. XL4 preamp and XL3 eq... you can't go wrong with that! You might find one with a smaller frame as well.

http://www.midasconsoles.com/h1000-specs.php

Andy Peters said:
tmuikku said:
El cheapo http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/X32.aspx

If the Behringer doesn't sound like ass, or break within six weeks of purchase, Uli might have something. Otherwise, pass on it.

There are a pair of loaner X32s at a shootout/demo vs. a LS9 and a SL 24.4.2 this weekend near me (in Jackson).  Not sure i care enough to drive the hour + each way just to see and touch a Behringer, but the feature set for that price is making a disturbance in the force. 

There will also be some VUE Audiotechnik Speakers Demo'd there... Mostly a mixing a sound reinforcement gig demo...

Saturday Aug 25,  2pm - 6pm.      Belhaven Park (Poplar Blvd & Kenwood Pl) Jackson MS  39202

JR

Andy Peters said:
If the Behringer doesn't sound like ass, or break within six weeks of purchase, Uli might have something. Otherwise, pass on it.
Andy, yep, enough stuff already in landfills and like JR said earlier lets wait and see.
JohnRoberts said:
... the feature set for that price is making a disturbance in the force.  ...
Totally, along with the digital multicore and monitor boxes, cheaper than copper cables.

But lets stick to the topic  :)

tmuikku said:
Andy, yep, enough stuff already in landfills and like JR said earlier lets wait and see. Totally, along with the digital multicore and monitor boxes, cheaper than copper cables.

But lets stick to the topic  :)

Just saw this thread, just wanted to say that after 8 years my X32 is still going strong.
Uli won on that one

Yep, it has been very succesful product. I've never used one though, expect the rack version on a recording session once and X-air few times. Worked without problems.

A lot of inovations, for the price.

It has the Best RTA analyser on a mixing console, that shows in all the channels, all the outputs , all the EQs
Something that should already incorporated on consoles but few did

It has the best Remote Control APP for iPAD, better than any  other console outhere in the market. You can do anything remotely even TAP tempo

Easy to use, good offer in the rack fx, good EQ and channel comp

And guess what, it sounds good

I use it with MidasPro stages boxes nowadays, but was using it before with S32 stage box, and the sound is honest.

Latest posts

Back