Longest time lurker, saying Hi from sunny Florida

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PB500

Hello GroupDIYers!

Just saying hi and introducing myself...
I joined the forum in the hopes that I could maybe track down some parts for a couple of simple repairs I need to do.
I've been DIY recording in earnest since 1990, and have been struggling with the pitfalls of semipro gear and PC/DAW snakeoil ever since, as my tastes usually far exceed my means.

I spent a few years in the period between 1999-2003 selling analog synths and vintage analog in general on both coasts of the USA first at Dr. Sound on Soho street in Manhattan and subsequently Future Music on Sunset in Los Angeles, so maybe we've even met IRL.

Recently I vowed to minimize the use of VST plugins in general and basically just use Reaper as a glorified tape machine so I pulled my old Ramsa WR-s4424 out of the closet and bought some more outboard reverb.

So here's a short little longshot request for leads for some parts:

My MicMix MasterRoom XL-121 passes signal but does not reverberate, I believe the tank is defective, unfortunately it is unmarked so I have no Idea of an appropriate replacement, I think I read somewhere that its a Hammond tank, but I'm at a loss to find any info on it.

The lowly Ramsa 4424 has a couple of knobs missing, and they are these oddball 90 degree D-shaft knobs, last I checked Panasonic could dig stuff up if you had a part number, but the only sources for the service manual online seem to be scalpers, so if anybody by chance has the doc, I'd appreciate the info.

Anyway, have a wonderful day everyone!
Kind regards,

Paul

My MicMix MasterRoom XL-121 passes signal but does not reverberate,
I always recommend checking the somewhat delicate wires leading to the transducers on the spring tank. They sometimes break & thus you lose reverb. It may or may not be your problem, but it's easy to check & not that hard to fix.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated, I'll check that first. I'm even more enthused to try and get it up and running again, having Googled around today and noted that Audioscape is selling a repro of the stereo version for 2500USD, I knew it sounded special, but wow. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back