Looking for curator and info dissemination guru for Sound Techniques A range. Zero work, all glory, pro bono.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what i gathered from the youtube vid, the input had primary taps for the impedance sw and was 80% Ni,

the output was Radiometal which nobody makes anymore but which can be approximated with 50/50 alloy, and had some interleaving going on, ie 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 or 5-4, anything more being diminished returns,
Output lam was said to be EI 625 (5/8" tongue)

i sure would like to have a peak at the circuits, if anyone can help, shoot me a PM and i can give you my email,

Last edited:
From what i gathered from the youtube vid, the input had primary taps for the impedance sw and was 80% Ni,

the output was Radiometal which nobody makes anymore but which can be approximated with 50/50 alloy, and had some interleaving going on, ie 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 or 5-4, anything more being diminished returns,
Output lam was said to be EI 625 (5/8" tongue)

i sure would like to have a peak at the circuits, if anyone can help, shoot me a PM and i can give you my email,

Yes on the transformer info you stated, although that is one area I don't have full info on.
Regarding radiometal, I had Tom at Cinemag wind me a 600:600 with centre tap and had him do pinstripe so, alternate hi nickel with low nickel or steel. Even an all hi nickel worked and sounded good to me. But then, so did the all steel one so... 😂

I will not deal with any US legal stuff though so, to keep me out of any loops with the new US Sound Techniques owner, I'd prefer someone in Europe (closer to me anyway) to send some quick pics and with whom I can communicate info etc. to facilitate a redraw of the scheme for here.
Anyone who might know their way around a helios module (or putting together a solid state amped pultec) would be a good candidate and this would be child's play for him/her to decipher with back and forth mails with me if necessary.
Email is best, I won't be checking PM's from now on.
Cheers my man.

Last edited:
Back