Looking for Ensoniq DP Pro Service Manual / Schematics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! That is weird, I haven't exchanged any caps! I purchased this unit new. The battery is the only thing that's been replaced.
I see what you're talking about, really bizarre!!
Someone might have already tried to recap the unit. The two caps are definitely wrong polarized. Better check if there are more of them put inside the wrong way 😬

Last edited:
I purchased it new about 25 years ago, never had an issue, aside from the battery.
In the end, the way your caps sitting on the board is right and they had a missprint on the board 😅 .. I got to check my units again. 😬
The battery btw always seems to be an issue in this model. I also realized lately when I put batteryholders into all of my 3 units, that in one of them, even if I put in a new battery the low battery message still comes up. 😑

Thanks! That is weird, I haven't exchanged any caps! I purchased this unit new. The battery is the only thing that's been replaced.
🤔 Would be great to have the schematics to look that up..
A friend of mine has a DP Pro as well. I will take a look into his unit.
Maybe it‘s printed wrong on the board and the position in your unit is right.
I‘ll check and report soon.

Last edited:
I got the DP Pro from a friend to recap the unit.
I had a check on the elcos I thought are wrong polarized in your unit.
And guess what.. the same in his unit.
So it really seems like it‘s written wrong on the PCB...
I barely remember it was the same in my units and I thought it‘s wrong.
I mean, my units all work.
But I think, I will revisit my other units.
7A6AADD1-9DAB-4799-944F-1E9AEFB066D5.jpeg

This time I went all „hole through elcos“ .. This is the unit I was writing about before. It still worked, but had the typical battery low message. I left the new caps in the same polarisation like they were before. Including the two that are marked the wrong way. They are close to the section, where you adjust the digital distortion level of the left and right channel. Them work both way.. On the other units I installed them like marked on the board.
Anyways. With the through hole caps the unit sounds great👌🏻😎
I used larger voltage values. E.g. instead of 10/16v I used 10/35v.. All Panasonic FC

5C5F4818-D454-4F3B-9EEC-3456DD200746.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back