Looking to contract designer for powered loudspeaker/monitor...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurango

Not sure what section to post this in, so here goes:

I'm designing a product that involves a high-quality powered monitor with a driver/drivers on the front baffle, and a passive radiator on the rear baffle (strange, I know). The dimensions are also somewhat strange, whereas the interior dimensions can be no more than about 13x13x7, which limits cabinet volume to about 15 ltr max.

I'm looking to contract someone experienced with loudspeaker design to create a very natural sounding, but very loud peaking speaker in this type of enclosure.

This design may end up being mass produced as a consumer product, so it will need to utilize parts that are suited to assembly line work and offer a good bang/buck. I'm looking for KRK quality sound here, not Barefoot....but not Logitech either.....just a good cheap bang/buck design.

If you are, or know anybody who may be interested in this work, please drop me a line. I'll be posting this on diyaudio, gearslutz  and elance as well. I can reveal more details about the product once we sign an NDA.

Again, to clarify, I'm looking for someone who can design the cabinet within given max dimensions, driver/crossover, as well as an amp with a balanced line out, stereo line in and stereo aux in.

Thanks fellas!

jdurango said:
Not sure what section to post this in, so here goes:

I'm designing a product that involves a high-quality powered monitor with a driver/drivers on the front baffle, and a passive radiator on the rear baffle (strange, I know). The dimensions are also somewhat strange, whereas the interior dimensions can be no more than about 13x13x7, which limits cabinet volume to about 15 ltr max.

I'm looking to contract someone experienced with loudspeaker design to create a very natural sounding, but very loud peaking speaker in this type of enclosure.

This design may end up being mass produced as a consumer product, so it will need to utilize parts that are suited to assembly line work and offer a good bang/buck. I'm looking for KRK quality sound here, not Barefoot....but not Logitech either.....just a good cheap bang/buck design.

If you are, or know anybody who may be interested in this work, please drop me a line. I'll be posting this on diyaudio, gearslutz  and elance as well. I can reveal more details about the product once we sign an NDA.

Again, to clarify, I'm looking for someone who can design the cabinet within given max dimensions, driver/crossover, as well as an amp with a balanced line out, stereo line in and stereo aux in.

Thanks fellas!
Before anything, you should give us an idea of the expected market, price point, manufacturing batch size, capîtalization for R&D and product industrialization. Many are capable of designing a box, but industrializing it is another matter. Are you ready to shed $100k for a metal-injection mold, $40k for a plastic injection mold, or nothing for a conventional wood cabinet? That is just one of the questions...

Latest posts

Back