Low Profile Tube Transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A custom made toroid (cheap around here), or one of the R-core transformers you can sometimes find on eBay?

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Mikkel,

Around here..??? where does one get cheap custom made toroid´s in Denmark..who to talk to. ???...I really need to get 3 done pretty quick

Kind regards

Peter

I don't know about Denmark. But where I live Germany is "around here". Have a look here: http://die-wuestens.de/dindex.htm?/trafo.htm

I know VRT makes custom transformers, but I don't know about toroids.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

ohhh Mikkel,

sorry...I just saw that you wrote Denmark as your location...!!! Didn´t know you where in germany..;-)

Thanks for the link..
Kind regards

Peter

[quote author="gyraf"]For custom-woung toroids, try Ulveco:

http://www.ulveco.dk/

Very good custom toroids at decent prices..

Jakob E.[/quote]

Hi Jakob,

I did..haven´t heard back from them...soo I gave up..;-)

Kind regards

Peter

[quote author="Peter Simonsen"]Didn´t know you where in germany..;-)[/quote]
I'm not. But in Sønderjylland Germany is a lot closer than most of Denmark...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

[quote author="mcs"]
I'm not. But in Sønderjylland Germany is a lot closer than most of Denmark...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen[/quote]

aaahhh yes..I just love the løgumkloster, skærbæk area..

btw..just placed to order for 3 power custom transformer from Wuesten Elektronik..Jan seems to be a nice guy..thanks again for the link

Kind regards

Peter

Ps sorry to the original poster..for slipping of topic for a moment *S*

[quote author="kubi"]Another one from Germany:
www.ampdesign.de
Yesterday I received my custom made trafo from them for the SLowBlowPre. Awesome quality, the best I've seen so far, and less expensive than Jan Wüsten (www.die-wuestens.de).[/quote]

Whaat..!! And now you tell me.. :green:

btw...where does it say on their website that they to custom work..none of what they do as stock will do for me.. :sad:

Thanks..;-)

Kind regards

Peter

[quote author="gyraf"]..or two standard toroids, coupled G9-psu-mode..[/quote]

Huh, this option completely slipped my mind. Thanks Jakob!

A custom made toroid (cheap around here), or one of the R-core transformers you can sometimes find on eBay?

Customs are expensive in US. Ones I had R-core I got from ebay, but I blew it (usually what happens at 5 in the morning). I checked ebay, but could not find any, including completed items. Anybody remembers name of fellow from Australia, who used to sell them?

[quote author="kubi"]Oh, forgot: Contact Hans Bubeck <Hans_Bubeck(at)t-online.de> for a quote.
BTW: I'm not related to him or his firm, I'm just a very satisfied customer.[/quote]

I just sent him email. Hopefully he knows English.

[quote author="kubi"]Another one from Germany:
www.ampdesign.de
Yesterday I received my custom made trafo from them for the SLowBlowPre. Awesome quality, the best I've seen so far, and less expensive than Jan Wüsten (www.die-wuestens.de).[/quote]

Hi Kubi, ét al

I have just recived an mail from ampdesign..and they are not "less expensive"..as in "less..less"... than than Jan W..with shipping ét al to Debmark incl..the difference between the 2 company´s would be 0.87 EUR for the 3 custom transformers I need. You might have some "special" deal with ampdesign that I do not have...but to call them less expensive would be an "overstatement" I think..*S* I would expect more than a total of 0.87 EUR in difference to call anything "less expensive" :green: But..agreed it is "less"

But Ampdesign can deliver 14 days sooner than Jan W ;-)

Kind regards

Peter

Hi kubi,

Damm it..Hmmmm..I have just found out that Jan W is in fact the cheapest company to deal with. I mis-calgulated the first time :green: ..for me that is...you had it the other way around.

I do in fact get 150mA more from Jan W and pay in fact 1.05 EUR less than I have to pay Ampdesign :grin: ..A wooping 1.05 EUR..and 150mA for "free"..now that a good deal.. :green: ... :guinness:

Kind regards

Peter

[quote author="kubi"]
Seriously, it's good to know both suppliers, it always depends on the specs of your trafo.
.[/quote]

Kubi I belive you are quite right ;-)..One can never have enough suppliers.

Kind regards

Peter

PS..and yes..would you belive it ???..150mA..I mean..where else does one find that much for free ??? :green: :green: 150mA..hmmm good deal..I tell ya´..;-)

BTW, many of toroidals in US are made with dual 115+115V primary. I got little confused as for why it would not be possible to use one of them as a primary, and another as a secondary and make a voltage dublier? A 30VA 6V trafo could fit the bill?

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]Marik,

I've seen that done before. In theory, it should work, as long as it's truly dual primaries and not just one tapped single winding.[/quote]

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Avel has those for around $30. Sounds like a plan!

Latest posts

Back