• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lundahl LL1540's, LL1518's, Belclere ES8325's & Neve B-card clones...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid question maybe: are these LL1540's usable as mic pre input transformers? The RP (610 ohms/winding) looks quite big vs. about 20 ohms (or less) for reqular mic pre input-TX's. If primaries are connected parallel that would help little. However, if you connected them as 1:2 the RP would'nt affect so much (compared to 1:10 txs). Anyone tried? Too much noise?

I doubt the LL1540's would be much good for mic pre input transformers, I don't know enough to say why not but I know they are designed for Hi-Z (10kΩ+) line inputs; a very different job altogether.

The Sowter 6389's, However....They would be much more suited to that task ;)

No more of the LL1540's or Sowter transformers remaining, I've also decided to keep the Neve B cards.

Transformers arrived!

Excellently packed for the trip to Sydney. Very happy.

Thanks Lee.

Rob
Hello,
Have you installed the Belclere ES8325 transformers?
Are they audio input or output?
How do they sound?
I'm looking for some cheap transformers for direct outputs from a yamaha console.
Greetings from Brazil.

Back