M49 type circuit using 6AK5 ......

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

I read somewhere 6AK5 similar to 5840 so I made a little point to point verion of the Oliver whats his name TLM149 conversion used values he suggested for the 5840..... sounds great dont no if I should change any componet values....I A B ed a Ela circuit I also made with 6072A using Tim CT12 capsule same power supply & out put capacitor 1U pio......the mic sound the same also very quiet.

Tried couple more mullard 6AK5s I have two seem to sound slightly better than other one they all look very used & dirty but sound good... I measure some voltages my B+ is down to 114.5V (123V when my Ela circuit is connected) plate of 6AK5 is 46.3V cathode.... is 1.47V ..... I do have a trimmer resistor on the cathode but not sure what to adjust cathode voltage to .....

Forgot to say using original Haufe T14/1 for out of the circuit & also the Elam 251 circuit as I say they sound same to my ears....Im happy  :)

Back