Maine fireworks technique ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRoberts

Staff member
GDIY Supporter
Has anybody heard from Paul since the 4th...?

I hear they have some odd ideas about how to launch fireworks mortars, that ignores Newton's 3rd law of motion.  :eek:

JR 

My uncle in Texas says they say "Hold my beer, watch this!"

It isn't clear what happened here. He wasn't that kind of risk-joke taker. He maybe thought the fuse was not lit, and it was.

There were better incidents. In California(?) the fireworks platform broke, tipped, and threw the rockets into the crowd. 4 serious injuries and a dozen+ minor injuries. Canada(?) a truck full of fireworks caught fire and stopped under a bridge. They ran a hose on it but basically let it burn out.

The only "explosive" at my house on the 4th was me swearing because I wanted to re-do the rocker cover on the Honda and I could not find my gasket cement. (Like a 289, you need dabs in the corners.)

had to Google that.  one's head does not make a good base for a mortar.

Reminds me of the drummer I met years ago who used to play with dynamite every 4th of july. Used to is the key word has he had an accident one year loosing half his arm, shooting his thumb threw his eye and damaging his fingers on his other had so badly they will never move again.  He had a machine shop make a contraption to hold a drum stick with his nub. From there he worked out a way to hold a stick with his damaged hand. Between permanent disability  checks  he still plays.

The fella who died worked here in town at 'the Mouse house'... played the 'Gaston' character... that sorta figures.

Not just Texas. All across the south, many people have uttered the same thing as their last words:

"Hey y'all... watch this!"

It's Darwin's theory of survival and natural selection in action, sad but true.

We regularly get youths playing on the tops of electric trains, 10,000V doesn't give you a second chance.

DaveP

Of course, Texas had to get in on the act...

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/katy/news/article/Texas-man-hurt-dies-after-shooting-fireworks-6372965.php

-I'm just astonished that none of this was in Florida!

Back