Maplin's Demise

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CPC and Farnell are the same company to the extent that you can't use the same username for both. So you log into the same backend system which has two different prices per item according to the company name on the invoice

Don't get me started on Farnell price breaks. Often, with electrolytics, the more expensive capacitor becomes cheaper than the cheap ones above a specific price break

Nick Froome

I just checked Maplins site and seems like a price crash is happening on some stock to try and get things moving , the metal hammond and aluminium enclosures seem to have tumbled in price ,so I'll be paying a visit to my local store this week looking  for bargains.

I called up to maplin today, they were happy to apply the prices as advertised on the UK site converted directly to Euros. I ended up buying a stack of die cast boxes ,188x120x53 cost me 7.15 euros ,was marked at 29.99 euros .
According to the guy at the counter in some where between 4-12 weeks they'll most likely be shutting the doors . He also said many of the Uk stores were running at a loss for ages ,but the Irish stores were still doing good business. Another thing he happened to mention was in the case of a defect returns were no longer being accepted ,no big deal to me as a metal box cant become defective ,but worth remembering if your buying other electronic stuff .